Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tic Tock

Hi.

I want to say thank you to my mom for letting me blog at this hour... 10pm.

I am going to high school in a matter of hours, and something just occurred to me that I haven't been worried about... but I am worried about right now.
Tourette Syndrome.
I've been so caught up in "Where am I going?" and "How will I know how to get to this place?" when really, my biggest worry just came to me.
How are my teachers to know what Tourettes is and how to handle it?
What if I get in trouble for ticcing in class?
What if they don't understand when I try to explain myself?
I'll probably end up clapping during class and the teacher will get annoyed.
Emma, how did you make it in the past years?
Well, my mom usually gives the guidance counselor a DVD to watch about Tourettes and also give to my other teachers to watch. She gives them a bunch of information about it each year, but this year she didn't give the DVD to my guidance counselor.
It's not her fault. Apparently my mom has to talk to some other person about it, and they were supposed to call her and set up some meeting, but has that happened? No.
So, now I'm going into high school, where not only the students will judge me and nag me about why I'm making these movements (I know they are curious and don't understand) and maybe even won't want to be around me because I'm "weird", but the teachers won't understand either.
I constantly get comments about my Tourettes. It's tiring explaining it to everyone. Sometimes people think they know what it is, but they have the wrong idea.
I know I will probably get made fun of, and maybe people won't even bother to get to know me, but I can't stand that the teachers who are supposed to be reliable adults you can count on won't understand why I clap or bend down or cough constantly and all of the other countless tics I have.
I'm so nervous.
I'm trying to pray to God, but I'm having troubles and doubts right now.

Emma<3

No comments:

Post a Comment