Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Final Chapter ... Of Summer

Hello people!

I start high school tomorrow.
I know, I know. Amazing, right? Hold your applause.
But, I'm really stressed about it. There are around 4 to 5 different buildings, and I have to walk from building to building each day and it's confusing. The upperclassmen told me that my teachers are ... interesting, and that I only have one good one.
I really want to sign up for Photography Club and Drama Club, so I'm excited about that. I looked around on the high school website for dates for auditions and everything, but I didn't know if they were based on the past year or this year, so I e-mailed the drama teacher.
My mom said that it's hard the first day, but then it's just like transitioning to elementary school or middle school.
My response was that this school has a bigger campus with more buildings to get lost in, and there's more work and it's harder, and AGHH!
Looking at everything, all in all, there isn't an extreme amount to be worried about. It's not like college, where you have an even larger campus, and have to live on your own, and worry about a job, and AGHH!
But, in high school you have to worry about college, and then getting a job, and everyone always says, "Start preparing for college early!" and AGHH!
My Anxiety Disorder makes me worry a ton, and even though I take medicine for it, I still worry and stress about everything.

 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?"
Matthew 6:25-27

God gave me Anxiety Disorder, so I can't help but worry, but I try my hardest to work everything out.
I know worrying isn't a sin, but sometimes I wonder, why does God give us things that make us sin? Like, with OCD, you feel the need to do things that could be sometimes be sins. My OCD used to want me to try to breathe underwater, or lick knives. But, I also can get tempted to say mean things to people. Things that I don't actually think about them. Even though that doesn't happen a lot, sometimes OCD will make me think sinful thoughts.
But, maybe that's not God who gave me those things.
We were all born with sin.
It's hurdles the devil has thrown at me, and God wants me to be a track star.
All I know for sure is that God will always love me, and if I meaningfully ask him to forgive my sins, he will.
Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.
There's a different version to that song my friend made up...
Justin loves me, this I know, for his music tells me so.
I think that's pretty clever.
I'm trying not to stress too much. I need to relax. Tomorrow is going to go fine.

New School. New Atmosphere. New People. New Teachers. New Classes.
I don't do "new".

Dear Lord, help me.

Thanks for reading! I'll make sure to tell you about the first day of school tomorrow, if I don't have a heap of homework.(:

Emma<3

No comments:

Post a Comment