Friday, August 26, 2011

Kickin' it with Troy, Gabriella, and Sharpay

Hellooo Viewers!

Yesterday was my first day of high school.
It.
Is.
AWESOME.
I love it! I was really worried, but now I'm not. I know where my classes are, and I actually haven't gotten made fun of yet. Let me give you my synopsis of the past two days.

First Day!
I had the jitters in the morning since I had no idea where I was going. Before school started, people would ask me, "Are you excited for high school?"
My reply would be, "No."
Sometimes to people I don't really know that well I'd say, "Oh yeah, I guess. Excited and nervous, you know. Just school. Another year... yeah." *Polite Smile*
I know this sounds weird, but I'm really unhappy I didn't get my picture in front of my front door on the first day. We forgot. I guess I'm kind of OCD about that, and it's really bothering me. Well, you can't go back in time... yet.
So, my dad dropped me off, both of us oblivious we forgot to take my picture... and I trudged over to the front of the school. I met up with a few friends there, and we walked around a little bit. An upperclassman pointed out where my homeroom was. It is in a pod, which is across the junior parking lot, and let me tell you, juniors aren't good drivers... at all. Well, I guess they're okay, but even in Cougar Camp, some students told me that the trek to the pods is a dangerous one, and that you could probably get hit walking there. Well, I crossed the parking lot and survived. No, please. Hold your applause. My homeroom was kind of small, but at least I knew four people there already. I'm not very close to them though. Homeroom was a bit boring, we kind of just sat there and got updated schedules. The kids who didn't already get their agendas got them, and our homeroom teacher just let us talk a bit. So, I sat with my friends and we talked for almost all of homeroom, which isn't really a long time since homeroom is short.
Next, I had to go to Healthful Living. My schedule said to go to the Main Gym, so I did... and then they directed me to Trailer 2. Thankfully, my health teacher does not believe in homework. Hallelujah!
After that, I had Chorus, which thankfully is in Trailer 5, which is really close to Trailer 2. Plus, the trailers are right outside of the Main Gym, so even when I have gym, my first two classes will be really close together! Tons of students told me that the chorus teacher is a nightmare and a psycho and whatnot. But, I love her! She is amazing and really funny! Also, we get to go on a trip to Atlanta, Georgia in March and stay at a Hyatt. Then, we get to perform at some place. Plus we get to go to Six Flags and an aquarium! It is going to be so much fun! I know we are doing more on that trip, but it's just slipping my mind right now. I love chorus! It is my favorite class! Oh yeah, that's right. Real life High School Musical, ladies and gentlemen! Well, we don't really burst out in song, but I love music and plan on doing all the plays and musicals.
After that awesome class, I had lunch. I got the first lunch of the day, which I'm happy about. My chorus teacher told the upperclassmen to group with us and take us to lunch, so an upperclassman accompanied me to lunch, and when I saw my friends I said goodbye to her. Lunch was fun too. I got to sit with my friends outside in the courtyard. It was a beautiful, sunny day. After eating, me and one of my friends inspected the cafeteria. It was absolutely filled with people! I don't understand why they didn't want to eat outside, because ever since elementary school I've fantasized about having lunch outside. I don't know why, but it always seemed so cool to me.
After lunch, I had Algebra 1: Part 1. It was elementary. Not the school... but the word. I mean it was easy. That's probably because we are just starting school and they aren't going too hard on us, but my math teacher seemed pretty cool. She was nice and not extremely strict. The class wasn't too far away from the courtyard where I eat lunch. Plus, I got to sit in one of those desks I've always wanted to have class in. Yes, I have always looked forward to sitting in the desks that are connected to the chairs, have a shelf under the chair, and an arm rest. Yes, that is exciting to me. Don't judge.
My last class of the day was Honors English 1. I think the teacher may be going easy on us since we're just starting out, but it was fun. I sat behind my friend, and we had a fun time. The teacher seem really nice, and she loves her dog.
When the bell rang, I walked to the front of the school. There was a whiteboard there that told us where our buses were, so I hurried over to my bus and got driven home. The busdriver didn't take me to the correct stop, though. She was on the wrong street, but I didn't complain because it was the same stop as my middle school one. This year, it's supposed be a lot closer, exactly where my elementary school bus stop was.
But, when I got home, I got in this really terrible mood even though my day was great. I laid down on the couch and my mood just got worse and worse. I felt like it was going  down, down, down. Sugar, we're goin' down, down, to another town. Yeah, that's a song. Anyways, I felt like there was a bunch of weights on the front of my body, and I felt all this pressure. But, my mood got better later and we went to Pizza Inn, my favorite pizza place. I already went to my favorite restaurant, La Rancherita, the day before, so that's why we didn't go there.
I'm pretty sure I haven't mentioned this, but at my Sweet Sixteen, La Rancherita and Pizza Inn will be catering. At my wedding, I will have a queso cheese fountain. Trust me, I will.
So, all in all, it was a great day.

Second Day!
Today was great, again.
When I walked into Chorus, my teacher was eating chocolates.
Hungarian Chocolates.
She gave one to some girl and said, "So, these are Hungarian Chocolates. I can't read Hungarian, so tell me what flavor that one is."
I spoke up, "Um, I will gladly be a taste tester sampler person."
So, she gave me one and I think it had a fig in it. It tasted alright. I kept the wrapper since it was written in Hungarian. I think it looks really cool.
Don't you?

After my amazing Chorus class, I went to lunch where I sat in the shade, which was pretty nice. Math and English were easy again.
The only times I got semi-made fun of, was twice when these kids called out, "FRESHMAN!"
It wasn't a big deal... but I guess I look like this:

Hurricane Irene is coming in, and I'm leaving really soon for the lake with my friend Megan!
Please pray for North Carolina.
Thank you,
Emma<3

1 comment:

  1. Queso fountain is friggin' brilliant. Please PUHLEEEESE take pictures. I'm in awe.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete