Friday, July 5, 2013

Tourettes Acting Up

Hey everyone!

My Tourettes is acting up a lot right now. It is actually a bit hard to type. I just made a video on it, though, if you want to check that out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT-eSG-fVp4

Anyway, I am in Pennsylvania visiting family and the trip from North Carolina was about ten hours long. From the beginning of the trip to the very end I had a major tic attack. I fell asleep in the car for about one of the ten hours because my mom was rubbing my back. My psychiatrist recently taught me how to meditate. Meditating helps me, but not during full blown tic attacks, because I can't settle down enough to meditate at all. My psychiatrist had taught me to try and view myself from an outside vantage point, then to focus on certain sounds for a while and layer them. This technique helps when my tics are only acting up a little bit.
I am so worn out from tensing up my glutes so much. I have also been tensing my arms up so much that my shoulders crack really loudly. I tense the muscles in my thighs too. It is pretty painful, and not a fun experience at all. I am on a new medicine, though. It is called Flexarol. Flexarol really knocks me out, but it takes a while to kick in. I highly recommend it for my fellow Tourette sufferers.
All in all, it's been a pretty tough week that I wouldn't wish upon anyone.

Thanks for reading,

Emma<3


1 comment: