Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Youth Ambassador

Hello Everyone!

I just finished calling and e-mailing my senators' and representative's offices about making appointments during my trip to DC in April with the TSA. Super exciting! ...And stressful. There is so much to do! I have to e-mail persistently, work on what exactly I'm going to say at the meeting, and try to get an excused educational absence from school for the days I will be gone! Okay, that doesn't sound like a lot... but I have Anxiety Disorder, so it is a lot to me.

My squeaking tic is really annoying me. I'm pretty sure it would annoy most anybody. I'm really glad that it has not disrupted class at all. I think I'm focused during class, which leads to less tics. Even taking this into account, my tics can still get bad during class. I'm surprised my squeaking tic has not been extremely persistent during class. Surprised... and grateful! Another tic that has been trying to get on my bad side is my leg muscle tensing tic. It works up a lot. Sometimes, I walk funny because of it. When I tense my legs, they lock up, so when I'm walking and ticcing, it looks strange... kind of like I'm not bending my legs while I walk. It looks pretty dorky, but I honestly don't care. I don't care what anyone thinks of me. Just what I think of myself.

I have a new prescription! My tics have been on the rise, so I am now going to take Valium when my tics get really bad. It's a muscle relaxer, so hopefully I will get some good sleep and tic less while on it. Let's hope for the best!

This is the last call for any questions about Tourette Syndrome that people want answered! You can email them to me at lifesatwitch.emma@gmail.com or comment on this post! I plan on shooting the video soon, and I already have some good questions that are going to be in the video.

Hey, I think TSA Youth Ambassador is going to look pretty good on my college applications!(;

Thanks for reading!!!

Emma<3

No comments:

Post a Comment