Thursday, July 28, 2011

This is The Stuff

Hey everyone!

I am posting a video on YouTube right now of me singing "This is The Stuff" by Francesca Batiselli! My YouTube name is emmasinger2.
Just because you have Tourettes, that doesn't mean you can't do the things you want to do. I was diagnosed with moderate to severe TS when I was five. I still manage to do all the stuff I love, even though sometimes it can be hard.
I have Tourette's, but Tourette's doesn't have me.
Always remember that motto, it will help you out in the worst of times.
In my video, you may notice a few tics, but I try really hard to focus on the singing and distract myself. I am medicated, so it definitely doesn't look that bad. I have learned to mask my tics and make them look like normal everyday movements.
I know that it can be really hard to live with Tourette's, but you have to brave through it.
You can't let TS take hold of your life, it's your life, not those darn tics'.
Yes, I may sound like some nagging parent, but it's true. YOU get to live your life, not Tourette Syndrome.
Live your life, you only get one.<3

God Bless!
Emma<3

2 comments:

  1. Great message Emma! I too always try to remember the phrase "I have Tourette's but Tourette's doesn't have me". It really helps me get through tough times with my tics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma...you're truly an inspiration for so many of us suffering from Tourettes. You know how to stay big and stay strong even when suffering from it. Hats off to you!

    ReplyDelete