Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's Raining CRAZY!

Hey everyone!

It's been such a long time... I just couldn't stay away, though!(;
Anyway, life has been EXTREMELY busy! I barely even have time to practice guitar nowadays.
Well, let's see... what has happened lately? I guess I'll rewind all the way back to Black Friday. Aunt Ronnie took me shopping because my mom didn't want to stay up all night. That was fun... Well, let's see what else... More recently, I had a chorus concert. It was really fun, but we were supposed to stay still through the whole concert.
STAY.
STILL.
Those are dirty words to a person with Tourettes.
I love to sing, and I had so much fun singing for all of the people in the crowd, but it was hard to not move.
My chorus teacher told us, "No itching, no twitching!"
Please refer to the title of this blog...
It's a bit hard to distract myself when I'm just standing still and singing. I managed to make it through the night, though. It's hard to stay standing when one of my tics is bending down. It felt really weird holding in a bunch of tics while standing there. It wasn't a good weird, though. I was able to sneak a few tics in, but I felt like I was going to explode. When your brain tells you, "Do this! Do this!", it's hard not to. That is kind of how I explain Tourettes to some of my friends. I tell them that TS is basically when your brain keeps telling you to do movements or make noises and you can't help it.
Last night, one of my friends was sitting on my couch with me watching a video when she coughed a few times.
"Oh, shoot! I have a tickle in my throat! *cough cough* It's driving me freaking crazy! *cough cough* Oh God, I have to leave the *cough* room!"
I chuckled and told her, "Welcome to the life of Tourettes! I get tickles like that all over my body and they don't go away!"
"Oh God, I'd hate that!" she told me.
She didn't have Tourettes though, she just had a strange tickle in her throat that was making her cough.
The day after Thanksgiving- after Black Friday shopping of course, my dad took me to go dirtbike at a friend's house.
We had to take my dad's friend's truck so that we could fit all of the bikes in it. I took a picture of the inside of the truck where I had to sit while we drove to their house.
If you know anything about Tourettes, you know this is a TS torture chamber!
No. Room. At. All.
Thankfully, when I got into the truck there was a bit more space than it seemed. I was able to straighten my legs, so I was happy.

Thank you all for reading, and I promise to have a more blog-worthy life soon!
I guess I probably have had a blog-worthy life, but I seem to forget things... a lot. So, I will try to make more time to blog!

Emma<3

No comments:

Post a Comment