Saturday, November 12, 2011

Jellybeans Are Not My Favorite Food

Hey Ya'll!

So, if you haven't checked out my videos on YouTube yet, please do! I need some more people to post questions on my Life's A Twitch video, so I can do a Question & Answer episode! My YouTube username is lifesatwitchemma. Please subscribe!
Also, please like me on Facebook! There is now a page for Life's A Twitch!

Anyways, enough with the business. Let's talk about life.
Unfortunately, one of my family's dearest friends had a death in the family. Please pray for them. Their courageous, amazing son died of Brain Cancer on November 9th. He is now in God's embrace.
Last night, there was a nice get together with his family, Aunt Ronnie's family, and my family. We all had an enjoyable night and hung out for a long while.
I feel really bad talking about Tourettes, when I know that one of my friends just died of Cancer.
I'm going to somewhat paraphrase something Meredith Grey said on the most recent Grey's Anatomy.

When you describe a terrible day, you talk about when coffee was spilled on your shirt, a fight with your boss, or traffic. But, you never really describe a real terrible day.

It's terrible that their son had to die, but now he is not suffering, and he is in Heaven.
As I've said before, please pray for the family to get through this hard time.
And Thank God for your lives.
I know I will.
It's not the end of the world if your boyfriend breaks up with you, or you get in a fight with your bestfriend. Think about it. I hate when people think the world is ending just because of a very small, insignificant thing.
I even heard a girl in the locker room the other day say, "I hate this! This only happens to me!"
I could have punched her.
So, stop taking your life for granted. Please.
I'm not saying all of you do, but I would just like for people to think before they speak.

So, my story today...
Last night all the kids were going out to Jellybeans. My mom wanted to talk to Aunt Ronnie, Uncle Jermajesty, and all of her friends without me being there, so I went to Jellybeans with the kids. I was the oldest there; there were two middle schoolers, and three elementary schoolers going, including my brother. Oh yeah, and they were all guys.
And, by the way, Jellybeans is a rollerskating rink.
Ask me: Emma, can you rollerskate?
I will answer: No, my friends, I can not.
Well, I mean, I kind of can. Just not fast... or really looking like I know what I'm doing. At all.
Part of the reason I can't skate is because of my Tourettes.
See, my Tourettes hates me. It's out to get me. We aren't friends... No, no, no. Tourettes and I are not friends. Not even close.
Unfortunately, I have to keep my friends close and my enemies closer. Much, much closer. In my brain kind of closer.
Yeah, I'm not crazy, I'm talking about Tourettes.
Anyways, whenever I am doing something I really want to do- or want to try to do- my TS will get in the way.
Me: I want to rollerskate.
TS: Okay, here you go. Now, I want you to bend down, straighten your legs, point your toes. Oh, you're falling? Too bad. Suck it up. Now straighten, point, bend, flex.
While I was skating, I kept feeling the need to do the movements, but I tried to distract myself and think about other things. It was extremely uncomfortable skating around and not letting myself tic. I would go to the wall sometimes and let it out, but otherwise I was just skating on my not so merry way.
So, no more Jellybeans for me.
Plus, I almost had an anxiety attack last night. My friend was texting me and I couldn't make it somewhere that she wanted me to go, and she was talking about how I had to go and she was going to die if I couldn't. I was under a lot of pressure, and I got nauseous. I think some stomach acids burnt the back of my tongue. It wasn't very pleasant.
Hey, at least I got to make a wish on 11/11/11 at 11:11pm!
Yeah, I know. You're probably saying, "Shut up. Every freaking person is tweeting that and putting that as their statuses."
Hey, it only happens every millenium!

Thanks for reading!

Please remember to pray for my friends and check out my YouTube account!

Emma<3

No comments:

Post a Comment